Can you believe that this person has the gall to say the Bible said so? When you see this person, ask him where in the Bible that it said what he said it did? Ask him to tell you where, and in what chapters and verses, it said these things? No matter how much we as a nation help Israel, they do what they want to do. Sometimes I think they, like the other side, donít want peace, either. To keep the flame burning, they keep building settlements after settlements in Gaza. Obama, Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr. and even Reagan got not much corporation from Israel about meeting the other side half way.
Why blame Pres. Obama?
Let some people tell you that the problems we as a nation are having is because of strained relations the Obama administration is having with Israel is ludicrous. Where does one get off blaming only Obama for all the problems this nation is having?
For as long as I can remember, (and Iím past 65) Israel has had a run in with every president I can remember, as far back as Ike.
If you read the Bible and I hope you do, instead of listening to someone on TV telling you what they think, you will find, like Iíve found, that there will be no peace in that region, ever. As for TV personalities on religious channels, I wouldnít take stock in what any of those idiots say, because they all have the same message at the end of every program, ďsend money please.Ē
As for the two wars, Iíll agree that itís time we pull away and let those idiots kill themselves, but with all of the countries surrounding Israel having or acquiring nukes, and wanting to bring this nation to its knees we have to have some kind of presence over there.
Itís sad what happened in the Gulf. There is so much oil in the Gulf that it will take longer than it did for nature to clean up the waters around Alaska. God forbid if we have a hurricane this season in the Gulf. From Texas to Florida, the whole Gulf coast will be seafood-less for 30 years or more. But like everything else, Obama will be blamed for this too.
Future Wadley Resident
Why the USA is bankrupt
You think the war in Iraq was costing us too much? Boy, was I confused. We have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting us. Personally I now find that to be ridiculous.
I hope the following 14 reasons are reviewed over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them. I also have included the URLs for verification of all the following facts...
1. $11 billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments. Verify at: http://WWW.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecenters7fd8
2. $2.2 billion a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens. Verify at: http://WWW.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.HTML
3. $2.5 billion a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens. Verify at: http://WWW.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.HTML
4. $12 billion a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English! Verify at: http://transcripts.CNN.Com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt..0.HTML
5. $17 billion a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies. Verify at http://transcripts.CNN.Com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML
6. $3 million a day is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. Verify at: http://transcripts.CNN.Com/%20TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML
7. 30 percent of all federal prison inmates are illegal aliens. Verify at: http://transcripts.CNN.Com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML
8. $90 billion a year is spent on illegal aliens for welfare and social services by the American taxpayers. Verify at: http://premium.CNN.Com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.HTML
9. $200 billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. Verify at: http://transcripts.CNN.Com/TRANSC%20RI%20PTS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML
10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate thatís two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US. Verify at: http://transcripts.CNN..Com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt..01.HTML
11. During the year of 2005 there were four to 10 million illegal aliens that crossed our Southern border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from terrorist countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U.S. from the southern border. Verify at: Homeland Security Report:
12. The National Policy Institute, estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 billion and $46 billion annually over a five year period. Verify at: http://WWW.nationalpolicyinstitute..org/PDF/deportation.PDF
13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 billion in remittances to their countries of origin. Verify at: http://www/..rense.Com/general75/niht.htm
14. The dark side of illegal immigration: nearly one million sex crimes committed by illegal immigrants in the nited States. Verify at: http: // WWW.drdsk.Com/articleshtml http://ww/%20w.drdsk.Com/articleshtml
The total cost is a whopping $338.3 billion a year. If you are having trouble understanding this amount of money: it is $338,300,000,000, which would easily be enough to stimulate the economy for the legal citizens of this country.
If this doesnít bother you then you are part of the problem. If, on the other hand, it does raise the hair on the back of your neck, I hope you share it with every legal resident in the United States and please remember it at the next elections!
Fighting a war our country isnít
Memorial Day is set aside to honor military members killed while in service to America. In the last 60 years America has lost almost 100,000 men and women in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and other lesser known conflicts.
None of these casualties occured in a declared war.
Congress, which has sole authority to declare war to protect America, last assumed its responsibility in 1941.
Itís hard for our military to win a war that never started against an enemy thatís never been identified. Itís even harder to know when itís over.
Our military is still fighting a war. America isnít.